Compton would like to give a huge shout out to one of our long-standing community partners and a charity we have been supporting for 30 years, CATCH. CATCH was created to improve the quality of life for pediatric patients and their families at Children’s Hospital of Michigan and Henry Ford Hospital. Through several fundraising events each year and their endowment, CATCH provides needy children whose special needs might otherwise fall through the cracks.
As CATCH celebrates their 30th anniversary this year, we would like to invite you to support this great organization by attending the CATCH Golf Prelude Party and CATCH Golf Classic – this is one of Compton’s favorite events.
Golf Prelude Party
Sunday, July 16, 2017
MGM Grand Detroit
Honoring 25-year CATCH Golf Committee member Stan Swies & FOX 2 Sportscaster Jennifer Hammond
MC: FOX 2 New Anchor Amy Andrews
A prelude to CATCH’s annual Golf Classic the following day, the Prelude Party features a strolling dinner, an auction of coveted sports memorabilia and resort and golf getaways, and a chance to mix and mingle with a variety of Detroit’s popular leaders and personalities. Tickets for the Prelude Party are included in all Golf Sponsor packages, or individually for $100 each.
CATCH Golf Classic
Monday, July 17, 2017
7:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. shotguns
Meadowbrook Country Club
The CATCH Golf Classic, twice-voted “Michigan’s Best,” is supported and attended by top executives and sports and media luminaries. The Golf Classic features a scramble format with the option of a celebrity golfer in each group (fivesome) with shotgun starts at 7:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Sponsorships, which include a fivesome and Prelude Party tickets, range from $3,000 to $35,000. If you are interested in attending or sponsoring, call CATCH at 313-876-9399 or go to the CATCH website for more information.
We hope to see you there!
It’s summer and as the temperature rises, so to do pressures from your workplace, family and friends. During this time, Dan (Compton’s President) would tell you the best recipe for relieving stress would be to get outside and golf. Of course, what can be less stressful than golfing? Or for some of us even more stressful than golfing? In the spirit of July 20th – Getting To Know Your Customers Day – we reached out to ours and asked them… “What do you do to stay cool and calm amid life’s crazy and stressful situations?” Their answers were interesting and we thought we would share them with you!
- Put Your Phone Down. Don’t get online and start ranting about a problem or a situation. Breathe. Settle down and give it some time – you might realize it wasn’t as big as a deal as you thought it was in your mind.
- Set The Mood. Chill all year long by setting the mood and turning up the tunes in your office and car. Singing on the way to work and on the way, home makes a day begin and end with happiness.
- Get some me, myself and I time… and mean it! Take time to golf, be outside, hang with family and friends and turn off your stress meter. Also, get enough sleep, hydrate and try something different than coffee to start your day? How about a walk outside?
- Distract yourself with laughter. There is nothing that chills the soul than some gut wrenching, laugh out loud belly laughs. Those make any stressful situation or mood fly out the window.
- Run Away. Take a day off from work. Or from obligations. Just be a kid for a day or even a few hours. It will help.
- Stressed About A Big Event? Need to present to the boss. Pitch a new client. Have the 4th of July BBQ? Don’t worry about it, run through it in your mind and do a rehearsal so you think of every question, scenario, menu – it will make you feel more prepped and ready to go.
We want to thank our amazing customers, employees and friends for the responses – YOU make us less stressful!